Saturday, November 01, 2014

Hallowed

I'm feeling a little sheepish about only posting on this blog once during the entire month of October. That's just embarrassing, and the poor old girl deserves better, I'm sure. I've seen so many of my favorite bloggers slowly give up posting as their kids grew older and I used to think it was a lack of material as babies turned into big kids. But no, at least for me it's that we are too busy doing things to save time to write about the things we're doing. And care and feeding and upkeep of the house takes a lot of time, too, so then by the time I finally sit down at the end of the night I'm usually so tired I immediately fall asleep on the couch. But I still love this little blog and I hope to do better this month.

With no clever lead-in, here's what we did during the most perfect October in memory:





Somewhere along the way my baby turned fully into a toddler and I'm not sure I approve:



October 19 - fall photos...get these children a modeling contract!











After pictures we went to the pumpkin patch, where Elliott insisted he could carry his own pumpkin:







(Maybe still a baby some of the time)



It turns out 4 3/4 is an excellent age for helping to make and decorate cookies.





We were unexpectedly given free amusement park tickets for the last Sunday of the month, so we went. There was an awesome corn maze, which MB and the kids loved. I have to say, I now understand why it's such a serious crisis when a kid wanders off into a cornfield in Iowa. This thing was serious business. They even had a guy up on an aerial lift watching for distress flags in case anyone got lost in the maze. I'm pretty sure all three boys want to go back next year.



Very intently collecting and lining up tiny pumpkins:





Elliott loves carousels, it turns out. He went around four times in a row while Nico was having a bowl of blue ice cream.









Both kids are very into blocks right now. It's awesome.





This was Elliott's first year to trick-or-treat, and he was a champ. He carried his pumpkin bucket up and down with the bigger kids and hung in until we all decided we were cold and it was time to go home. I'm absurdly sad that I can't magically make these costumes fit them again next year.







I got to wrap up the Halloween season with a grownup pumpkin carving party at Laura Danger's house. It was a lot of fun hanging out and my skunk-o-lantern won first prize.



Not bad, autumn...not bad at all.

1 comment:

  1. i know exactly what you mean! i miss so many blog friends, but i am happy they are busily happy. love these pics!

    ReplyDelete